This week was mainly dedicated to improvements and polishing. We’ve still got a ways to go before everything is complete, but we’re getting there!
We also reached a decision to migrate to the latest unreal engine version in order to improve optimizations!
- If units go behind obstacles, you will be able to see their silhouette through objects
- Wagon in the third mission is now easier to select
- Units in timed assault now have equipment set to them
- Made improvements to first mission to show where the east, south and west gates are during the first tasks
- Chanter invocation area of effect has been made slightly more transparent to be able to see units better
- Campaign Map is now complete with proper points of interest
- Updated the Game Engine to the latest Unreal Engine 4.13
- Various additional optimizations
- Fixed a bug with codex journal entries, they were playing behind the codex and were being hidden by it
- In-game conversations will no longer stack if another one is already playing
- Cannons now display their ability in the HUD again, this was un-intentionally removed
- Loading story progress from steam now works properly
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to upgrade an item for free if it was locked
- Fixed a problem with cherubs killing altars instead of healing them
- Fixed units going through solid objects, they aren’t incorporeal after all :p
- Fixed a grammar mistake during the second mission dialog
- Story mission 2 and 3 now allow you to Surrender properly
What do you think of our updated map? What about chapter 1 of the story?